In the Unpaid Invoices Report (or credit control report) you can view and filter all invoices with a balance due. Use the Unpaid Invoices report to:
Tip: For email reminders, "Last Sent" is a helpful function as it sorts the list by the last date you sent a reminder.
Note: When you use the Unpaid Invoices Report to send payment reminders, the emails can be personalized and sent individually, or in batch. Each reminder email will have a copy of the invoice and account summary attached.
How Do I Email a Payment Reminder to Multiple Clients from the Unpaid Invoices Report?
Navigation: Invoicing > Unpaid Invoices
- To view Invoices by one Invoice Type, select the appropriate Invoice Type from the first drop down list. To view All Invoices leave the default setting of "All Invoice Types."
- Select a date. All debts where the due date of the invoice is on or before the date selected.
- Click the checkbox in the header to select all clients, or sort by a column and individually select clients.
- Click "Email."
- Filter the report by Date and Invoice Type and sort by Due Date, Ageing, Client, Date Invoice was last emailed, Service Start or End Date, Amount Due, and Invoice Type.
- Sort this report by clicking a Column Name in the Header Row, click again and sort it in reverse.
- Choose an email template from the dropdown.
- Click "Send Email."
- An email is sent to each client selected with a copy of the invoice and account summary attached.
The Unpaid Invoices Report Explained:
- #: Invoice number. Click on the invoice number to access the invoice screen. To return to this report, click "Back" button.
- Client: Client's Last Name, First Name. Click client name to access Client Record. To return to this report, click "Back" button.
- Ref: Schedule Ref for this client.
- Start: Service start date for the Invoice.
- Last Sent: Date invoice was last sent to client. Use it to determine when to send it again.
- Due: Invoice due date, based on the Invoice Type for this Invoice.
- Ageing: Number of days until the due date. If the number is positive (10), the invoice is 10 days overdue. If the number is negative (-10), the invoice will be due in 10 days.
- Total: Total amount of the invoice before any payments were made.
- Tips: Amount of Tip added to the invoice using Stripe via the Portal.
- Invoice Type: Invoice Type associated with the invoice which determines the Due Date. Refer to Invoice Types for more information.
- Credit Card Image: If an "S" in a green box appears in this column, the client has a payment method on file. For these clients, you can take payment via this report.
- Overdue: Amount of the invoice that is still due, after any payments have been deducted.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article