Before you create your invoices in bulk and send to clients, we recommend you run these important pre-invoicing checks on the Bulk Invoicing Report to spot errors that can easily be corrected:
- Check the services on each Service Order for accuracy.
- Ensure "Invoice Type" is correct as it sets the Invoice due date.
- Check for the correct Client Type.
- Sort by Start Date or End Date, depending on which Invoice Type you are invoicing, to make sure there aren't any invoices which shouldn't be in your date range.
- You can optionally download a CSV of the Bulk Invoicing report prior to creating and sending invoices.
Tip: Client Types, along with Price Rules, determine the pricing for each client. Invoice Types determine the Invoice Due Date and enable invoicing based on groups or billing cycles.
Note: Ensure you have checked the configuration of your Invoicing Settings prior to creating your first invoices.
How Do I Check a Service Order before Creating Bulk Invoices?
Navigation: Invoicing > Bulk Invoicing
From the Bulk Invoicing report, you can access all aspects of your clients' service orders to check for accuracy.
- Click the client name to open the Client Account. In "Orders & Invoices" you can check the order details.
- At any time, return to the Bulk Invoicing Report by clicking "Back."
- Review and Edit details from the Client Account > Client Details such as Invoice Type or Client Type.
- Click "Update" if you make any amends.
- Click the "Back" button to go back to the bulk invoicing report.
Check the contents of a Service Order if the amount or dates don't look correct.
- From the Bulk Invoicing report, click on the Start Date to access the Service Order.
- Review the service date, service rates and make corrections in the Order prior to creating invoices by clicking the service order label to access the order.
The Bulk Invoicing Report explained:
- Start: Service start date/First service on the Service Order. The date is also a link to the Service Order. Use it to check the details before creating and sending the invoice.
- End: Service end date/Last service on the Service Order.
- Due: Date the Invoice will be due, based on the current setting of Invoice Type.
- Client: Client Last Name, First Name. Click on the name to access the Client record.
- Ref: Schedule Ref for client.
- Invoice Type: Client Invoice Type which determines the Invoice Due Date.
- Credit Card Image: If an "S" in a green box appears in this column, the client has a payment method on file. For these clients, you can take payment at the time of invoicing.
- Invoice Total: Total amount to be invoiced to the client.
- Tip: Amount client has added for Tip using Stripe. See Stripe Tip details here.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article