TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Step 1: How do I Change one of the example Service Items?
- Step 2: How do I Add a New Service Item?
- Step 3: How do I Add a Standard Staff Pay amount to my Service Item?
- Congratulations! You have completed this stage.
In this step, you will learn how to...
- Change an existing Service Item
- Add a New Service Item
- Add a standard Staff Pay amount
For Further Help:
Your Pet Sitter Plus software will come pre-configured with a selection of services that are common to pet sitting businesses, such as dog walking, potty breaks, home visits, overnights and daycare.
In this section, we will firstly make a change to one of this existing services, then we will add a new service and a staff pay amount for that new service.
Note: When you have successfully completed this step, you will learn how to add surcharges and offer discounts to your prices in the next step Tutorial: 2-2 Add Price Rules.
Step 1: How do I Change one of the example Service Items?
Navigation: Admin > Services > Service items
These existing services that come with your system can easily be changed to suit your business – description, duration, charge, appearance in the diary, etc.
Scenario: Tammy offers a 40 minute dog visit but there isn't a service that matches this on the list. So she can either create a new service or, even quicker, she can edit a service that she doesn't need. She doesn't offer a 60 minute visit, so that's the one to change.
1. Click "60Visit1" from the service item list displayed on the screen.
You are now viewing the service item settings.
2. Type the new short description "40Visit1" and the new long description "Home Visit, 40 Mins"
Note: The "short description" must only contain letters, numbers and no spaces. Keep it as short as possible but remember the code you use needs to be obvious to your team as it is displayed in schedule on the mobile view instead of the long description. It is also used in the compact view in the schedule.
3. Change the charge to "35.00". You don't need to include the currency symbol £.
4. Click "Update" to save your changes (the button at the top of the screen).
Step 2: How do I Add a New Service Item?
Scenario: Tammy offers a Fish Feeding service to her clients. As there doesn't seem to be a service on the list that she can edit, she needs to create a new service item.
1. Click "+ New"
2. Type the short description "FishFeed" and the long description "Feeding Fish daily visit"
Note: The long description is the text that the client sees on their quote, invoice, and on their schedule in the client portal so it needs to be obvious to them.
3. When you are happy with what you've typed in, click "Create New Service Item"
Your new service item has been created.
Note: The standard settings are:
- the schedule color always defaults to red
- the staff pay is set to nil
- the service item group is "not set"
- the default charge is set to nil
4. Click on the "Schedule Color" panel – this will change the color of the fish feeding visit in the schedule. Click your cursor in the blue colors to get a mid blue color (it doesn't have to match the blue we chose exactly). A reference number will appear in the panel for the color you choose.
Note: Strong solid colors show up the best on the schedule screens.
5. Click on the dropdown menu by "Group" and choose "Visits" to categorize the fish feeding service in this group.
6. Now enter the charge for the fish feeding service as "15.00"
7. When you are happy with your new service item settings, click "Update"
Step 3: How do I Add a Standard Staff Pay amount to my Service Item?
Scenario: Tammy usually pays her sitters $7.50 per visit for carrying out a fish feeding service. She would like this amount to be added automatically to a staff member's pay.
1. Click the "FishFeed" service.
2. Type "7.50" into the "Default Staff Pay" panel. Click "Update"
Your standard staff pay amount is now set.
- Click on the service item "30Gwalk1" from the sub menu on the left.
- Change the default client price to "$15.00" and click "Update"
- Change the default staff pay to "$8.00" and click "Update"
Now when a group walk for 30 mins is scheduled, it will automatically default to a client price of $15 and a staff pay amount of $8 will be applied.
Congratulations! You have completed this stage.
To move forward to the next step, click the link below and then choose the next step:
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article